Thursday, June 25, 2009

Getting close...

Wow, where has time gone?! I'm sorry I haven't made any updates in 24 days! It's been a really busy and exciting time. Last week, I had my whole family in town for our baby shower in Austin. My Mom and Dad (El Paso), cousin Monica (Chicago), sister Marissa (Seattle), and Adam's Dad (Houston) all came into town. Along with family and friends that live in Austin, we celebrated at my Aunt and Uncle's beautiful new home! You can see my Aunt Denise's great photo album from the shower here.

Having family in town was sooo much fun and a HUGE help! We got the nursery all set-up, the house cleaned up and my Dad helped with some house projects. The house is all ready for baby! Here's a sneak peek of the nursery. I'll upload a 360-view once we put some final touches on it.

Adam and I are almost done with our birthing classes. Our final class is this Sunday and we will cover c-sections, what to expect right after delivery and (finally!) a tour of the labor and delivery rooms.

Adam's Mom is coming into town today and we will be celebrating her birthday and then she and Adam will head off to Beaumont, TX to attend Adam's cousin's wedding. I will be treating myself to a trip to Target to buy some things for the birth, i.e. a cute robe.

I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday and she said everything is still looking great. Due to my short torso, my uterus has reached it's vertical limits and the doctor said to expect to grow OUT from this point on. This should be fun! I can barely get up as it is now. On July 7th, we will have our next ultrasound so the doctor can check the baby's position and fluid levels. They will also start to check for any dilation. It's really happening! Here's the babycenter updates for the last few weeks and tomorrow, when I will be 35 weeks!

32 weeks
33 weeks
34 weeks
35 weeks

Now, the interactive part of the blog... We started palying this game this weekend. Post a comment to this entry with your guess on the due date and baby's weight. If you'd like, you can throw in your guess on the name. At this point, your guess is as good as ours. No money is involved, just bragging rights :)

2 comments:

  1. I can attest to the fact that the belly is now growing OUT! and the nursery all set up now says the baby is almost here!
    For my guess (in writing now):
    Date: July 26
    Weight: 6 lbs 15 oz
    Name: Beatrice or Beatriz (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is the baby will come on July 28 and she'll weigh 7 lbs 6 oz! Is that too big? I don't know anything about babies! I like Julianna!

    Love the pics and the nursery looks so cute!

    Love you, Val

    ReplyDelete