We are at 31 weeks now (exactly 7 months yesterday) and it's getting real now. We're super excited, but I think as Adam gets more excited I get more anxious (as I look at my expanding belly and start thinking about labor). We went to our first birthing class yesterday at
St. David's central where we will be delivering. It was a little slow, but informative. Adam, finally for the 1st time in his life, saw a birth on video. He looked a little scared and almost threw up, but he made it! It's the 1st of 4 classes we will take. Yesterday was all about anatomy of pregnancy and the stages of labor. Class 2 will cover relaxation and breathing, Class 3 will be pain medication and C-section and the last class we'll take a tour of the labor and delivery area. In addition to the birthing classes, we will also take 1 baby care class and 1 breastfeeding class.
It was a busy weekend and we made good progress on the nursery. Once we get another work weekend in, we will post pictures so you can see it almost done!
This weekend we said goodbye to Father Joe, our much loved pastor at
St. Ignatius. He is being called to another assignment in

Santiago, Chile after being our pastor for 6 years. It was an emotional Sunday and of course I cried. I'm sad he won't get to meet our baby once she's born, but I told Adam we might just have to plan an excursion to South America when the baby gets a little older :) We met our new pastor, Father Bill and I told him I expect weekly baby belly blessings like Father Joe would give us. He was happy to oblige. He seems really nice and our baby should be in good hands for baptism.
Here's the latest baby update. She is getting bigger and I definitely feel it. She likes to kick me at night when I lay down and am trying to fall asleep.
31 weeks babycenter update
YEAH! We cant wait for the little one!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys.